Drugs Controlled Cabinet
This CDC1010 controlled drugs cabinet is by far and away one of the most popular cabinets we sell. Its commodious size and competitive price offer a reasonable amount of storage in a small to medium sized package. This cabinet is very popular with care homes, pharmacy and the NHS.
At Pharmacy Medical we manufacture this CDC1010 Controlled Drugs cabinet in our own factory here in the UK. The cabinet conforms to BS2881: 1989 (Security Level One). This which is the specification for Cupboards for the Storage of Medicines in Health Care Premises. Furthermore, meets or surpasses the requirements of the “Misuse of Drugs (Safe Custody) Regulations 1973”. This is the requirement in the UK for the storage of controlled drugs.
We have designed this cabinet specifically to store Controlled Drugs. The cabinet is constructed from 2mm thick steel. This provides added security compared to our competitors.
All Controlled Drugs Cabinet prices include the necessary fixings and delivery to mainland UK.
The design of our controlled drugs cabinets also sets us apart from our competitors. We use piano hinges to hold the doors in place. As a result, we increase the access size into the cabinet. Most of all this enables you to make better use of the internal space. The piano hinge is also stronger than other hinging methods, adding further to the security level offered by our cabinets.
The below are British Standards and legislation’s this controlled drug cabinet conforms to.
- The Misuse of Drugs (Safe Custody) Act 1973
- BS2881:1989 (Security Level One) Specification for Cupboards for the Storage of Medicines in Health Care Premises
- BS3621 anti-pick & drill, key retaining five pin cylinder lock (supplied with 3 keys)
Controlled Drugs Cabinet Specification:
- Constructed from 2mm thick cold reduced mild steel sheet.
- 3mm thick anchor plates at all fixing points.
- Fully welded construction.
- Anti-Jimmy folded return down full length of hinge side of door.
- A 2mm thick mild steel continuous hinge. Complete with 25mm joints and 4.5mm diameter hinge pin. Additionally, to prevent removal of the door the hinge pin is welded.
Controlled Drugs Cabinet Lock Cylinder Specification:
- 1 x 6 Pin Euro-profile cylinder lock incorporating Anti-pick, anti-drill, anti-bump and fire resistant features.
- Independently tested to meet BS: EN1303:2005
- Kitemark – KM532920
- TS007 1 Star Cylinder
- Key security grade 5
- Torque resistance of plug/cylinder relevant to attack resistance ﾖ 30 Nm
- Meets the MLA vulnerability test for cylinders
- 10 Year Lock Cylinder guarantee from manufacturer.
- Key Retention – They Key cannot be removed when the door is open.
- Cylinder meets BS EN1303:2005 which is the latest security standard testing against all methods of attack. The lock holds Kitemark KM532920.
- The cylinder holds Secured by Design accreditation (TS007). This is the Police preferred specification.
This controlled drugs cabinet incorporates the following features:
- Size (H x W x D) – 550mm x 335mm x 270mm
- Wall fixing with 4 x 10mm x 75mm long sleeve anchors (supplied).
- Shelves (Qty.) – 2 height adjustable internal shelves.
- Single point locking, one lock supplied with three keys.
- Misuse of Drugs Act, BS2881:1989 and BS3621 compliant